Sweet Potato Box Filled with Apple Leek Relish
1. Peel and dice apples.
2. Using whites and light greens of leek only, cut into 1/8" thick half-‐moons. Soak in water to remove dirt and drain dry.
3. Sauté leeks in a oil-‐ 25%, adding apples and raisins after a few minutes or until leeks start to soften.
4. Add wet ingredients plus the crushed red pepper and bring to a boil.
5. Add remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and cool.
Re-‐heat potato boxes until warm. Fill with apple leek relish and serve.
50 sweet potato boxes (recipe below)
1 cup apple leek relish (recipe below)
Part 1: Potato Boxes
Ingredients for 50 Servings:
6.25 lbs. yams
1. Trim yams into 1” cubes
2. Use melon baller to scoop out some flesh from top
3. Deep fry until cooked and golden brown
Part 2: Apple Leek Relish
Ingredients for 1 cup:
3 red delicious apples
2.5 fl. oz. seedless raisins
1.5 fl. oz. leeks
1.3 fl. oz. plum sauce
2 fl. oz. duck sauce
Curry Powder to taste
Crushed red pepper to taste
Ground cinnamon to taste